original business, “Perry Eckert Welding Company”, was started in 1937 by Perry
Eckert. It was located in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Water and Walnut
Streets. Perry died in 1946 and the company was continued by Perry’s
wife, Julia. The sons, Dick, Perry Jr. and Daniel J. joined “Eckert
Welding Company”, Inc. and the shop moved to Ellen Street in Cincinnati,
Ohio. The company’s next move was to Newport, Kentucky, on Licking Pike.
In 1977 the business relocated to Monmouth Street, Newport, Ky. After the
death of Perry in 1988 the business continued with Dick and Dan J. as
1996 Dan B. Eckert acquired the family business and changed the name to
“Eckert Welding and Erectors, Inc.” In 1998 the Newport Levee
project forced the company to relocate again. Operations were moved to
2301 Alexandria Pike, Southgate, Ky.
wife, Teresa, joined the business in 2005. In February 2008, Dan and
Teresa Eckert moved their operations to the present location of 1015 Town
Drive, Wilder, Kentucky. Subsequent to the move, the move the company has
received BOTH the AISC & Women Business Enterprise Certifications.